At Vizmaraqua we are specialists in offering you the greatest benefits of seawater. In fact, on previous occasions we have explained everything you can achieve through its consumption and use. Without going any further, a week ago we told you about the benefits of seawater for the skin, as it has some really impressive properties.
So much so that its use is becoming more and more widespread: from as a component for aesthetic products, to achieving better performance at a sporting level. And in this new publication we are going to talk about a new use: therapeutic seawater. What exactly is it and what benefits does it offer in this respect? We’ll tell you all about it below.
Therapeutic seawater: thalassotherapy
The first thing you should know is that talking about therapeutic seawater is the same as talking about thalassotherapy. Thalassotherapy, therefore, is a method that consists of taking advantage of the benefits of the elements present in seawater to achieve improvements in health and physical appearance. It is a therapy method that has been used since ancient times and its main key lies in the chemical elements present in the marine environment. These elements, both together and separately, offer incredible benefits.
Marine elements and our health
Now that you know what thalassotherapy is, you may wonder what are the marine elements that can help our health. We are going to talk about six main groups to take into account:
- Seawater: is the basic element of thalassotherapy and contains substances similar to those found in blood plasma. It is rich in sodium chloride, potassium and magnesium. Absorbing these substances will help to improve our health.
- Seaweed: seaweed is rich in minerals, proteins and vitamins, which are essential for our body. With them it is possible to achieve greater protection against bacteria and viruses.
- Sea mud: sea mud is also rich in minerals, proteins and vitamins, just like seaweed. This is precisely why it is used for many body treatments.
- Sand: sand from the beach can also be very beneficial for your health. It helps the circulatory system and has relaxing properties, as well as exfoliating and toning the skin.
- Plankton: as well as being fashionable in gastronomy, plankton is also widely used for body treatments due to its content of vitamins B and E, which prevent the formation of free radicals.
- Marine bioclimate: the sea breeze also offers benefits for our health, as it provides greater oxygenation for the skin and helps to improve the elimination of toxins.
What are the benefits of thalassotherapy?
At this point, you may be wondering what are the specific benefits of everything we have talked about so far. The truth is that thalassotherapy is commonly used to treat and prevent different illnesses. It is a perfect method for treating chronic processes and problems in the locomotor system, such as rheumatism or osteoporosis. It is also used to treat respiratory conditions such as asthma, as well as to stabilise processes in skin diseases.